Australian School of Perception
Welcome to The Australian School of Perception Forum please Log into your account or Register to access the full extent of our forum and its contents.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Australian School of Perception Forum please Log into your account or Register to access the full extent of our forum and its contents.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kristian Leith 24/02 Astral Travel
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm by kristian

» The Transition Board
It's all in the voice ... EmptyMon 15 Dec 2014, 5:13 pm by Nicole Poulton

» Tuesday 15/7/14
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014, 2:49 pm by jeremy white

» Tuesday 8/7/14
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 08 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm by jeremy white

» Tuesday 20/5/14
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 20 May 2014, 2:02 pm by jeremy white

» Tuesday 13/5/13
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 2:19 pm by jeremy white

» Wednesday 6/5/14
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 06 May 2014, 10:11 am by jeremy white

» Tuesday 29th, April 2014
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014, 3:10 pm by jeremy white

» Tuesday 22/4/14
It's all in the voice ... EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm by jeremy white

It's all in the voice ...

3 posters

Go down

It's all in the voice ... Empty It's all in the voice ...

Post  Helen Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

I recently came across some information regarding a system of healing through the sound of the human voice. Gunda Dietzel discusses the "Nada-Brahma System" which is a sound vibration healing that was introduced in Europe around 1980 by Dr. Vemu Mukunda.

The "Nada-Brahma System" is based on the effect of sound on the human body and consciousness. The sound of your own voice works as a link between the emotions and the body. The key is to find your individual sound frequency within the human voice. As much as our own fingerprints are individual, each of us also resonates to a unique sound frequency within our own voice. To find that resonance or frequency can aid in our healing and energy balancing. When you think about it we are all impacted by the tone of peoples’ voices, the way people speak to us will initiate an emotional reaction in us – good or bad. For example, a mother comforting a child will bring about a sense of security and safety within the child however if you’re being yelled at this will make you tense and defensive.

I thought it was also interesting that the article noted the word "per-son-ality" comes from the Latin personare - to sound through. So does our voice define our personality or the other way around.
We choose our own name before we are born and changing our names changes our life path which is why we place so much emphasis on using our full name rather than nick-names or abbreviations. So if our name can have such a major impact on our life path do we also choose the frequency of our own voice to aid and assist us in our life’s journey. If that is the case, what happens when slang or swearing becomes the dominant characteristics within our vocabulary. Could it be possible that this too has the same impact as the use of nicknames. When you think about it, to speak “properly” you generally place more emphasis on pronouncing your words correctly and speak with a more even tone and possibly think more about what you are saying and how to say it. However, the use of slang or swearing would usually have more emotion behind it and impact on tonal quality or vibration. This in turn impacts on how you and those around you resonate to that vibration.

Imagine how life could be if, as individuals, unlocked the door to that specific sound vibration within the sound of our own voice ...

Helen

Back to top Go down

It's all in the voice ... Empty Re: It's all in the voice ...

Post  caroline Tue 07 Jun 2011, 8:54 am

Very interesting Helen,
I wonder how we stop those who have been with us since childhood to start
calling us by our correct name, if it's a nickname that does something to change our path. Would we all be somewhere closer to our destination if that were the case?
xo

caroline

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

Hi Caroline. Thanks for responding to my post. Maybe people would be happy to comply with our wishes if we were to ask them. Would we all be in the right place if they did? That's a tough one. I would think that there would be more at play to get the synchronicity right. Maybe our name is just one link in the chain. I would be interested to hear if you discover anything in your research. A question for class?

See you tonight
Helen

Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Nation Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Hi Helen & Carolyn,
Requesting a person to call us by our "real" name rather than a nickname would be a step, yet when a person continues to shorten a name or call us by our nickname of old maybe more that it is the way that they see us. I had a friend who just kept calling me by a nickname & the sense that I got was that she saw me as the person I used to be rather than who I am now - rather than it being about the name itself, it could be the vibration.
Re the healing of a voice, if I think about a baby and the mother that soothes with the voice to calm it makes sense that it healing with voice works & certianly in speaking to a baby can be more about the vibration and the tone than the actual words - yet the words themselves would also have a vibration.
Interesting & thanks for your research Helen.
Love Michelle

Michelle Nation

Leo Posts : 288

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down